Sunday, February 28, 2010

2010 Olympics






Hello all, just finished watching the 2010 winter olympics, and the closing show was pretty disappointing. I'm not quite sure what would make an outstanding closing ceremony but I think more Lindsey Vonn wouldn't hurt. As for the games, one of my favorite parts had to be Shaun White winning Gold in the halfpipe on his first run, and then doing a second run throwing a "Double McTwist 1260" which is just a mind blowing move. A little dissappointment came from the USA's loss to Canada in men's ice hockey but hey it's their sport and their turf so all is well. My favorite part overall had to be any time that Lindsey Vonn was on the television. She's my olympic crush and I enjoyed the games much more cause she was in them. After all the talk about her injury she starts her olympic games with a gold medal only to fall short in other events and fall and injure herself some more. It really doesn't matter though because she could roll down the hill in Vancouver in every event and I'd still be a fan. I'm not sure but I think it's the beanie and snow goggles, who knows.

1 comment:

  1. The Olympics were truly extraordinary this year. I have to admit I normally only watch figure skating, but I was really compelled this year by Shaun White and Lindsey Vonn and watched much of the skiing/snowboarding events. When he did that Double McTwist 1260 I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped...and the fact that he did it on a victory run made it that much more sweet!

    Some fun things that I found about the Olympics this year were: 1) the fact that the snowboarders "jeans" are really synthetic material made to emulate jeans (but still keep the hipster cool, I suppose) and 2) I think the personalized helmets in the Skeleton (such as the Angry Beaver) were a really lovely personal touch on such a dangerous and andrenaline junkie sport!!

    ReplyDelete